Uses and Benefits of Liv 52 Syrup:
Liv 52 Syrup is used to treat, prevent or alleviate the effects of the following diseases and conditions:
- Inflammation of the liver: Liv 52 Syrup reduces the discharge of certain chemicals leaked from the inflamed cells into the bloodstream and reduces inflammation.
- Hepatitis A: The Hepatitis A virus impairs the liver functions and causes acute liver inflammation. Liv 52 Syrup reduces the recovery time considerably and brings the liver back to its full potency.
- Alcohol Hepatitis: Consumption of alcohol is one of the biggest causes of liver inflammation. Liv 52 Syrup counteracts the adverse effect of alcohol consumption like nausea and loss of weight. It also shields the liver from the damage caused by the consumption of alcohol.
- Digestive disorders
- Cancer of the uterus
- Menstrual problems
- Bleeding disorders
- Diuretic anemia
- Rectal bleeding
- Sluggish Liver
Side Effects of Liv 52 Syrup:
Liv 52 Syrup is usually well-tolerated by all patients.
Common Dosage of Liv 52 Syrup:
The dosage of Liv 52 Syrup depends on the following factors:
- Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Medical history
- Lifestyle choices
- Age of the patient
Liv 52 Syrup should be taken as suggested by the physician. Shake it well before use and refer to the label for directions to use the drug. Measuring the dose and ingesting by mouth is the usual formula. Complete the dose else the condition of the patient could continue worsening. It should be remembered that a patient should inform the physician if he/she is under any other kind of medication. For best results, consume at a fixed time, though it can be before or after food.
- Missed Dose: If the dosage is missed, then take it as soon as you remember, but if it is time to take the next dose, then it is advisable to skip the missed dose and continue the medicine as per the scheduled dose.
- Overdose: In case of overdose seek for immediate medical attention.
Composition and Nature of Liv 52 Syrup:
The following are the active ingredients of Liv 52 Syrup:
- Himsra (The Caper Bush), which is a powerful hepatoprotective in itself and stops the levels of malondialdehyde from escalating. Caper Bush has considerable antioxidant properties also.
- Kasani (Chicory): It is another antioxidant which shields the liver from the toxicity caused by alcohol consumption. It being hepatoprotective, also checks the oxidative degradation of DNA.
- Mandur Bhasma
- Black Nightshade
Precaution and Warning – When to Avoid Liv 52 Syrup?
Some important points that should be kept in mind while taking this medicine include:
A liver disorder such as fatty acid related to protein-energy malnutrition.
For preventing and treating viral hepatitis, pre-cirrhotic conditions and early cirrhosis, alcoholic liver disease, loss of appetite, anorexia, and liver damage due to radiation therapy
Loss of appetite and jaundice during pregnancy.
As an adjuvant to hemodialysis.
As an adjuvant to hepatotoxic drugs like statins, anti-tubercular, chemotherapeutic agents and antiretrovirals.
As an adjuvant during a long term illness and convalescence.
Liv 52 Syrup Interaction with Other Drugs:
Interactions with Medicine
The use of Liv 52 Syrup with any other over the counter products or drugs may affect the potency of the medicine. Consulting with doctors must be informed about any medication you are currently on. The medicines that may interact with Liv 52 Syrup are:
- Anti-hypersensitive drugs